For the past 15 years, Guimaras has been holding the Manggahan Festival; you know to celebrate the Philippines’ sweetest and the best.
We’re calling your attention ahead of this year’s edition, happening from May 11 to 22 because you might want to partake of the eat-all-you-can mango party, which is part of the fiesta.
It’s part of opening day, from 8:30am to 11:30am at the capitol grounds, Brgy San Kiguel, Jordan, Guimaras. Visitors can choose however they’d like their mangoes: ripe, green, paired with ibus aka sticky rice, eaten with bagoong, and so it goes.
The all-you-can-eat mango shebang will disappear in the next couple of days to make way for other mango-related activities such as a job fair, movie screenings, etc.
It returns bigger on the agenda starting May 15 onward. As in: you can eat all the mangoes that you can in the morning from 8:30am to 11:30am and then again in the afternoon from 2pm to 4pm in case you haven’t gotten your fill yet.
It stays that way until the festival ends on May 22. Check out the schedule here.
So: Who’s in? Raise your hands!
[h/t Manila Bulletin]
- 15 fun events to check out in May!
- 5 cool beaches in Negros Occidental for every type of a trip
- #LiftTRO: People should stop trying to decide for women what they can do to their bodies
- How to dress up like: Kiana Valenciano
- With Bamboo, Jess Connelly in the lineup, Manila X promises to be a bigger “more visual” second edition