It will almost be 24 hours since Senator Tito Sotto’s horrid display of misogyny toward DSWD Secretary Judy Taguiwalo, and yet we are still stumped.
There are so many things we want to say, so many layers of wrong to make right; our brains are in a mess, we don’t know where to begin.
Thankfully, we all can count on Ethel Booba. In a single tweet, Twitter’s non-philosopher took down Tito Sotto’s so-called “street language,” praised solo parents, without naming names whatsoever. Brillant—or as she would say, charot!
Sa street kasi namin ang tawag sa single parent na patuloy na binubuhay ang mga anak ay "responsableng tao". Charot!
— Ethel Booba (@IamEthylGabison) May 3, 2017
- Tito Sotto’s totally unnecessary mean-spirited comment to DSWD Secretary Judy Taguiwalo sparks backlash on social media
- Tito Sotto quickly apologized after ‘na-ano’ comment
- Take a test: How does the Philippines stand vs the rest of the world on gender equality?
- #LiftTRO: People should stop trying to decide for women and what they can do to their bodies
- 8 funniest reactions to the Erwan Heussaff Twitter drama