The Manunuri ng Pelikulang Pilipino announced the winners of the 40th Gawad Urian Awards on Thursday night, July 20.
Women of the Weeping River won the Best Picture and its director Sheron Dayoc was named Best Director for the film.
Meanwhile, Hasmine Kilip was hailed the Best Actress for her performance in Pamilya Ordinaryo and Paolo Ballesteros as Best Actor for his role in Die Beautiful.
Star for All Seasons Vilma Santos-Recto received the Natatanging Gawad Urian award.
Here’s the full list of winners:
- Best Picture: “Women of the Weeping River”
- Best Actor: Paolo Ballesteros for “Die Beautiful”
- Best Actress: Hasmin Kilip for “Pamilya Ordinaryo”
- Best Director: Sheron Dayoc for “Women of the Weeping River”
- Natatanging Gawad Urian (Lifetime Achievement Award): Vilma Santos
- Best Cinematography: Rommel Sales for “Women of the Weeping River”
- Best Screenplay: Sheron Dayoc for “Women of the Weeping River”
- Best Production Design: Erik Manalo, Rommel Laquian and Rocketsheep Studio, Saving Sally
- Best Editing: Carlo Francisco Manatad for “Women of the Weeping River”
- Best Music: Jema Pamintuan for “Tuos”
- Best Sound: Mark Laccay for “Hinulid”
- Best Documentary Film: “Sunday Beauty Queen”
- Best Short Film: “Nakaw”
- Best Supporting Actress: Sharifa Pearlsia Ali-Dans for “Women of the Weeping River”
- Best Supporting Actor: Christian Bables for “Die Beautiful”