The winners of the 13th Cinemalaya Philippine Independent Film Festival were announced at the Cultural of the Philippines Main Theater on Sunday, August 13.
The film Respeto directed by Alberto Montreras II won this year’s Best Picture and Audience Choice Awards, while cast member Dido De La Paz won the Best Supporting Actor award.
Kiko Boksingero’s lead star Noel Comia Jr. took home the Best Actor award and Angeli Bayani won the Best Actress award for the movie Bagahe.
Here is the full list of winners:
- Best Feature Film: Respeto
- Special Jury Prize: Baconaua
- Netpac Jury prize: Respeto
- Best Director: Joseph Israel Laban, Baconaua
- Best Actor: Noel Comia Jr, Kiko Boksingero
- Best Actress: Angeli Bayani, Bagahe
- Best Supporting Actor: Dido de la Paz, Respeto
- Best Supporting Actress: Yayo Aguila, Kiko Boksingero
- Audience choice, full-length feature film: Respeto
- Best Sound, full-length feature film: Corinne San Juan, Respeto
- Best Original Music Score, full-length: Pepe Manikan, Kiko Boksingero
- Best Editing, full-length feature film: Lawrence Ang, Respeto
- Best Production Design, full-length feature film: Marxie Maolen Fadul, Nabubulok
- Best Cinematography, full-length feature film: TM Malones, Baconaua and Ike Villanueva, Respeto
- Best Screenplay, full-length feature film: Zig Dulay, Bagahe
Short Film Category
- Audience choice, short feature film: Nakauwi Na
- Best Screenplay, short feature film: Duwi Monteagudo, Bawod
- Special Jury Prize, short feature film: Fatima Marie Torres and the Invasion of Space Shuttle Pinas 25
- Netpac Jury Prize, short feature film: Aliens Ata
- Best Director, short feature film: E del Mundo, Manong ng Pa-aling
- Best Short Feature Film: Hilom
Meanwhile, the finalists for Cinemalaya 2018 were also named.