ICYMI, Pista ng Pelikulang Pilipino has already started! From August 16 to 22, cinemas across the country will only screen Filipino films.
Our first movie for this year’s festival is the crowd’s favorite film directed by Jason Paul Laxamana entitled 100 Tula Para Kay Stella, starring JC Santos and Bela Padilla.
100 Tula Para Kay Stella is perhaps one of the most heartbreaking films we’ve watched. JC’s character Fidel was a Psychology student born with a speech defect. He always stutter when he uses more than three words in a sentence. During his college freshie’s night, he fall in love with a girl named Stella (Bela Padilla). To express his admiration and love, Fidel started writing 100 poems (yes, 100!) dedicated only for Stella. Aww!
The movie is currently enjoying a lot of buzz and attention from the media. With that, here are the five best things you shouldn’t miss from the film:
1. JC Santos. This guy is truly an exceptional actor. He really embraces his character as a stuttering college dude who falls in love with a rockstar girl. The scene where Stella finally tells him that she has read his poems and Fidel started crying quietly got us in tears! He’s a natural!
2. Bela Padilla. Bela effectively brought Stella’s character to life in this film. If you loved her in Luck At First Sight, you’ll definitely love her more as the palaban and confident rockstar chick. Her beauty, acting skills, and even her voice are perfect for Stella’s character.
3. Its nostalgic vibes. Diskettes, Nokia phones, cassette tapes, and band posters are all present in this movie. With all that 2000s stuff, we couldn’t help but to have a major throwback feels. Hayy, those days.
4. The music. Man, the soundtrack is superb! It features our all-time fave Rivermaya songs like “Balisong” and “241.” After watching the film, we’re pretty sure that you’ll end up humming each song. So make sure that after reading this article, check out your Spotify account and download all the songs from the movie. Be ready for the ultimate LSS.
5. Fidel’s poetry. The evolution of Fidel from being the awkward college kid to the confident dude, was also shown through his poems. His poetry has evolved to a different level and and tbh, we all want to be Stella right now. Haba ng hair ni ate girl!