After winning the Critics’ Choice Award in the Pista ng Pelikulang Pilipino (PPP), Birdshot is the Philippines’ entry to the Foreign Language Film category of Oscars 2018.
Film Academy of the Philippines Secretary General Leo Martinez confirmed the good news to PEP.ph through a message sent on Tuesday, September 26.
Starring Arnold Reyes, Mary Joy Apostol, and John Arcilla, Birdshot tells the story of a young farm girl who wanders off into a Philippine forest reserve.
Directed by Mikhail Red, the film won as Best Film at the 29th Tokyo International Film Festival held in November 2016.
The 90th Academy Awards will take place on March 4, 2018 in Hollywood, Los Angeles, California
If you haven’t seen the film, it is currently screening at Cinema ’76 in San Juan.
Photo screen grabbed from Birdshot | Facebook
- ‘Patay Na Si Hesus,’ ‘Birdshot,’ ‘100 Tula Para Kay Stella’ bag special awards
- Pretty Little Liars spin-off series ‘The Perfectionists’ currently in works
- 5 ways ‘Kingsman 2: The Golden Circle’ is similar to PH drug problem, war
- ‘Divine Comedy’ lecture to tackle Dante’s vision of afterlife
- Tom Cruise saves his 2017 with ‘American Made’