Lucky students of De La Salle University (DLSU) had the chance to meet Chinese business magnate Jack Ma in a forum held by the school on October 25, Wednesday.
Jack Ma, the founder and Executive Chairman of Alibaba Group, was named the “Businessperson of the Year” by the Business Week magazine and also featured in the list of “25 Most Powerful Businesspeople in Asia,” wayback 2005. He was was conferred the title Doctor of Science in Technopreneurship Honoris Causa by DLSU and was able to share some words of wisdom to the crowd.
Here are some of the most powerful quotes from his talk that we all need to keep in mind:
1. “Believe something that you’re passionate about. Don’t believe it because other people think it’s important.”
2. “If you don’t think about what you will give up, you will not have what you have.”
3. “Learn from the mistakes of others not because you’ll avoid these mistakes, but you will learn how to face these mistakes when it comes.”
4. “You have to change all the time. We don’t care about if people say we are crazy. We care about ‘is this really different?’”
5. “Young people who wants to do a lot of things is better that young people who has a lot of things to do.”
6.”When you have a dream, you jave to ask yourself: What do I have to sacrifice?”
7. “When you are 20 to 30 years old, find a good boss. A good boss is better than a good company.”
8. “But even if you have a crazy idea, don’t always think you’re right.”
9. “If you have complaint, look for solution. If you dont have solution, then don’t complain.”
Photos from Manila Bulletin