Teresita Ssen “Winwyn” Marquez was crowned Miss Reina Hispanoamericana 2017, on Sunday, November 5.
Winwyn totally nailed the question and answer portion when the judges asked her how she would promote the Hispanic-American culture with the great difficulty or barrier of language.
“Language can be learned but the will and determination to contribute to the organization cannot. It has to come from the heart. It has to be natural. I believe that kindness is a universal language that if you treat people with tolerance, patience and love, you will understand each other.
“The Hispanic culture is not about language only. It’s about love for God, love for country, love for history and culture and love for family. As a Filipina with a unique heritage, I have instilled that. I am ready to promote the Hispanic culture not just in Asia but in the whole world. It is time to celebrate the Hispanic culture. It is meant to be celebrated,” she answered
Miss Bolivia is 4th runner up, Miss Mexico is 3rd, Miss Venezuela 2nd, and Miss Brazil won the 1st runner up.
Philippines is the first Asian country to join the said pageant.
- 10 tweets from Angkas that will make your day
- VIRAL: Netizen’s hilarious parody of ‘Starting Over Again’
- LOOK: Nam Joo Hyuk is the new face of Penshoppe
- WATCH: Taylor Swift launches lyric video for ‘Call It What You Want’
- Bretman Rock, Filipina student activist among Time’s Most Influential Teens 2017