Miss Universe South Africa Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters was crowned as Miss Universe 2017, making her the second South African to ever win the crown.
The 22-year old Business Management graduate was crowned at the Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas on Monday, November 27 (PH time), after besting 91 other candidates from around the world.
The final three — South Africa, Colombia, and Jamaica — were asked: “What quality in yourself are you most proud of and how will you apply that quality to your time as Miss Universe?” Nel-Peters listed confidence as her best quality.
“As Miss Universe, you have to be confident in who you are as an individual. And Miss Universe is a woman that has overcome many fears, and by that, she is able to help other women overcome their fears. She is a woman that nothing is too much to ask for and I think that is exactly who I am,” Miss Universe 2017 Nel-Peters said.
Miss Colombia Laura Gonzales is the first runner-up and Jamaica’s Davina Bennett won the second runner-up.
- Check out Oxygen’s newest ambassadors
- WATCH: McDonald’s hilarious #SingleBellsKeribels holiday ad
- Merrell brings music to streets with ‘City Busk’
- 5 alternatives to stereotypical Filipino Christmas gifts
- Komura; celebrates different forms of storytelling through their first ‘experience-driven’ book fair