Getting stuck in EDSA, C5, España, or Commonwealth on a normal working day (or even on weekends) is not a total surprise. There is no proper alternate route and you won’t even consider riding the MRT. But instead of letting your precious time go to waste, spend it to get some things done! Here are some easy ways that will make you productive when you’re stuck in traffic:
- Make a to-do list. Use the notes app on your phone or your pocket planner to jot down everything that needs to be done the entire day. With this, you already know what to do when you finally reach your office.
- Declutter your social media friends list. Hey, this is a perfect time to go through your Facebook friend list and unfriend those you don’t keep in touch with anymore. Do not feel guilty about doing it because there are some virtual ‘friends’ who really need to go. Never mind the numbers!
- Clean out your purse. Check your wallet or your whole bag and arrange everything. Remove all unnecessary receipts, bus tickets, and candy wrappers. You barely have enough time to clean out your purse, so this is the best time to do it.
- Listen to a podcast. Before traveling to work, make sure that you have something to listen to. Search a certain audio program that can either listen immediately, or download it to your mobile phone podcast app to listen to later.
- Meditate. Meditating is proven to have health benefits. It reduces stress, improves concentration, and increases happiness. Meditate while on the road by downloading app like Simple Habit, Aura, Calm, and Stop, Breathe & Think.
- Update your phone contacts. Just like decluttering your social media friends list, updating your phone contacts is also a good thing to do while stuck in traffic. Delete double entries in the list and check who has already changed their phone numbers and/or e-mails.
Illustrations by Madel Crudo