Albeit the intense summer heat and the laid-back attitude of millennials in the Philippines (we’re fine with loose clothing), the country is still home to very fashion-forward individuals who dare not get left behind by what’s in and what’s hot in the runway. Never mind the sizzling heat. The world is our runway and the sun is our spotlight. Agree?
For the fashion-savvy girls and guys out there, GUESS recently revealed its lineup of latest looks that are set to be released in stores nationwide this May. The Spring/Summer 2016 Collection is just as comfy as it looks with a wow-worthy style that deserves to be in everyone’s closet. Just because we don’t have Spring here doesn’t mean you should skip the floral prints. Why, they’re perfect for the Philippine Summer!
Last Wednesday (April 27, 2016), the GUESS PH team bared the new designs and styles at the Skye Lounge of W High Street Bldg. in Bonifacio Global City, Taguig. Since MB Life was there, we’re giving you a peek at what’s bound to come and what’s hot this month:
FOR THE LADIES
1. Summer Escape: Floral designs, light fabric and coral-colored hues make up for an ultimate eye candy.
2. Sakura Floral: Maxi dresses, tops with sakura blooms, and air-light fabric dominate this lovely collection that would make anyone want to grab a fruity treat and hit the beach.
3. Animal Prints: The Bengal Tiger and Sand Snake skins are the latest addition to their wild wearables. No animals were harmed in the making of this line, though.
4. Botanique Beauty: More floral prints in a classy dress. It’s perfect when taking a stroll in the city after summer work in the office. So chic!
5. Sporty Finds: GUESS has seamless yoga pants for the fitness junkies out there. A “sporty chic” ensemble is also put up made out of really light denim.
6. Light Denims: From cropped tops to jeans to skorts, tencils do the trick in keeping you cool with its soft denim fabric.
7. Lacy tops and dresses are still a thing. Now that the weather calls for less fabric, lacy tops can be matched with bralettes which are also available in different colors.
Pro tip: According to Clarish Barundia, Assistant Merchandising Manager for GUESS PH, backless shirts and basically any outfit with stylish holes on it – at the back, at the shoulders, near the chest – are a-okay! Cropped tops are still “in” this season but the brand took the cropped top game to a different level by using light denim and adopting a sporty trend.
FOR THE GENTS
1. Destruction jeans and shorts are still in. The holes and slits offer more breathing air for your legs and they look terribly stylish.
2. Bleached tops and shorts are favorites. It’s a Summer thing, you know.
3. Geometric prints and HEAVY geometric prints. They’re almost like optical illusions – perfect if you want something eye-catchy on that summer bod.
4. Fashion tees for the laid-back gentlemen. Let your shirt do the talking for you with statements printed on plain shirts.
5. Basic tees. This is a closet staple. GUESS tee shirts bare their brand name and they’re available in different colors.
Pro tip: According to Nicole Alcaide, Product Manager for GUESS PH Menswear, layering clothes during summertime is all right. Shorts, a plain polo shirt, and a summer-inspired fashion tee will do the trick!
GUESS also has accessories and timepieces that are perfect with their summer collection. The stylish wristwatches are also water resistant so you don’t have to worry about having a little splash in the water – just don’t soak it. It’s not waterproof (for now, maybe).