After the intense national and local elections, we should all take some time to unwind and shake off all that stress away before we officially start a new chapter with the 16th president of the Philippines.
What better way to enjoy a brand new start but through a party that will bring everyone intensely close for one last time. It’s that time of the year again to celebrate life, friendship, summer, and unforgettable nights that make life worth living together with international performers that are set to amp up the music festival vibe in the country.
From the people who brought EDM kings Martin Garrix to Alesso, to Aussie indie pop duo Julia and Angue Stone, Closeup Forever Summer returns with the freshest selection of iconic acts and artists for 2016. We’re excited for this and here are eight reasons why:
1. It’s almost here. Happening on May 21, 2016 (that’s a Saturday, if ever you’re wondering) at the SM Mall of Asia Concert Grounds, all the acts will be performing on an open area where everyone can enjoy the cool breeze while partying like there’s no tomorrow. Save the date!
2. The theme of the music festival? Tropical Desert Oasis meets Tomorrowland (or at least that’s how we expect it to look like). Well, included in the lineup of stars that will be entertaining guests are those who have created the official Tomorrowland anthems since 2010. That’s like a foreign music fest experience in our own native land.
3. Time to flaunt those summer-inspired party outfits! That means more photo ops and fun snapshots with your friends while enjoying your last hurrah for summer.
4. We will be partying with the Philippines’ resident party starters: Ace Ramos, Martin Pulgar, Marc Naval, Kat DJ, and MC Pao. These DJs surely know what you want in your playlist and what’s gonna put you into party mode.
5. International EDM stars? Hit makers? Of course they’ll be flying here. Sought after producers, remixers to the A-list elite, award winners and #1 hit makers, Belgian brothers DVLM’s Forever Summer stint will be their first ever performance in the Philippines. Having toured internationally, they are one of the hottest tickets in dance music, gracing the biggest venues and festivals with their explosive brand of EDM. Count MATTN in — one of the hottest female artists in the electric circuit known for her blend of underground and main stage appeal; Dutch DJ and Producer Julian Jordan — whose hold over the country’s new generation of dance music hotshots has rocked the Electric Daisy Carnival and Tomorrowland dancefloors; and Malaysian DJ duo Goldfish and Blink.
6. Closeup Forever Summer will be headlined by no other than top DJs in the world – Dimitri Vegas and Like Mike! Need we say more?
7. All these fun stuff for ONE LAST TIME. Yes, Closeup is officially ending its trilogy with a bang. Therefore, it’s now or never! Don’t worry, though. We’re pretty sure Closeup has something bigger up its sleeve to keep everyone close to each other.
8. If you missed the earlybird offer, Regular VIP tickets are still up for grabs at P4,000 each at SMTickets.com. If you’re gunning for the SVIP table slots, reservations may be done by contacting organizers at 09176898888.
See you there!