Share Share on Facebook Tweet Send on Viber

Adidas has collaborated with environmental group Parley for the Oceans to create sportswear made from ocean plastic wastes.

adidas

The result? The UltraBOOST Uncaged Parley, made with 95 percent ocean plastic that Parley had “intercepted” during one of his coastal operations in the Maldives. The remaining 5 percent of the shoe is made with recycled polyester.

While only 7,000 pairs of the upcycled sneakers will drop mid-month, the famous German sports brand is looking to produce a million more pairs by the end of 2017.

The partnership also yielded football jerseys made with 100 percent ocean plastic with water-based prints. Two elite football clubs—Real Madrid and Bayern Munich—will debut the jerseys within the month as well.

This is the third time that Adidas and Parley for the Ocean have teamed up for an environmentally sound fashion initiative. The two parties first worked on a 3D-printed shoe prototype in 2015. Earlier this year, they produced the limited-edition Adidas x Parle running sneakers.

According to Highsnobiety, the Uncaged Boost will retail for S222 or roughly P10,700.

[H/T Manila Bulletin]

MORE GOOD READS:

Share Share on Facebook Tweet Send on Viber