Citizen Jake deserves a double celebration. Why? Because it is award-winning director Mike de Leon’s comeback and journalist Atom Araullo’s big screen debut.
This early, we cannot wait.
Atom is set to play a journalist, “a person my age, more or less, [who] is either part-time journalist or a full-time journalist but it’s not clear yet,” Atom says.
But that’s all he can say for now. According to Manila Bulletin, the script has not been finalized.
“Syempre nakakagulat kasi hindi naman talaga ako professional actor,” Atom says, adding he accepted the role because it is The Mike de Leon at the helm.
The last movie de Leon directed was 1999’s Bayaning Third World. Atom, meanwhile, has resigned as a reporter on ABS-CBN news. He is currently one of the hosts of news/lifestyle morning show Umagang Kay Ganda.
[Photo: Gabby Cantero | Atom Araullo’s IG; H/T Manila Bulletin]
MORE ENTERTAINING READS:
- 15 times Nico Bolzico made us swoon with his Solenn-related Instagram posts
- #RealTalk: Miss International Kylie Verzosa on depression
- 7 things we learned about BJ Pascual from his Garage cover appearance
- 9 super cute videos of Scarlet Snow Belo sure to cheer you up
- That kissing photo between Baste Duterte and Ellen Adarna happened in Japan