On Friday, the University of the Philippines held its annual UP Lantern Parade in the Diliman campus, signaling the end of classes and the official start of Christmas for UP students.
As always, it was a sight to behold. The College of Engineering took home the first prize for the third consecutive year in the Academic division.
College of Fine Arts meanwhile paraded its komiks-inspired floats, with the Ikabod winning first place in that department.
Below are just some 5 awesome things from the UP Lantern Parade 2016:
1. The debut issue of SaVogue. Following the footsteps of Matanglawin’s spoof on Mocha Uson, UP’s Philippine Collegian spoofed the glossy fashion magazine Vogue, put a Mocha lookalike and called her Mocha Puson, and then distributed copies of it during the Lantern Parade. On Facebook, the Philippine Collegian wrote, “get ready to drop dead gorgeous, if this drug war hasn’t killed you already.”
— Philippine Collegian (@phkule) December 16, 2016
2. The Zsa Zsa Zaturnnah float. It’s one of the many offerings from the College of Fine Arts and with those huge bewbies, super flat tummy, and huge blocks of pink, you can’t help but look in its direction. Oh wait but there’s more: That another human dressed as Zsa Zsa was walking right in front of it was just totally meta it blew our minds, sort of.
3. The Bondying lantern. It actually won the third place in the Fine Arts division, and it’s easy to see why: The float was setup like a stroller with Bondying right smack in the middle of it all. The best part? Grown men in similar costume: polka-dotted top, diapers, bib, the works!
4. The UDP Cash office. Haha, gotta love the stint of the Diliman campus’ cash office. They paraded a ginormous check similar to those symbolic checks given to winners at noontime shows.
5. The presentation of UP EEEI. Dancers wore an all-black costume with a neon light-outline of a stick figure on each one so when they started dancing, it looked like stick figures had come to life…at a rave party.
Headline photo: University of the Philippines Engineering | Facebook
MORE COOL READS:
- If this carpool karaoke episode doesn’t give you the Christmas feels, nothing else will
- Why you need to stop sulking and start enjoying family Christmas parties
- Pinác Restaurant aims to solve a cramjammer’s potluck predicament
- 6 cool ways to save money this Christmas season
- 10 things about the Metro Manila Film Fest 2016