And so here we are, with none other than the British Broadcasting Corporation taking notice of how the Filipino Twitterati has
mocked tried to talk some sense onto the very dense Sandro Marcos.
“Filipino netizens have mocked former dictator Ferdinand Marcos’s grandson for praising the latest Star Wars film, drawing parallels with his family’s controversial rule,” the BBC writes in an article published on Tuesday, December 20.
Short of the long: On December 18, Sandro Marcos here tweeted his appreciation for Rogue One.
Rogue One is incredible
— Sandro Marcos (@sandromarcos7) December 18, 2016
This, of course, elicited smart
er and angry replies, comparing the regime with Sandro’s family, basically using the Star Wars story line as a metaphor to Philippine politics. It was funny, but it was so real, too, that it made quite a hot mess on Twitter. We the Public quickly picked it up, quickly becoming viral.
Perhaps it trended for awhile, or maybe the folks over at the BBC couldn’t resist the black humor of the incident they simply had to pick it up—and tag Sandro’s dad on Facebook, when they shared it on social media.
In any case, we’re pretty—haha—amused with just how clueless Sandro Marcos seems to be. Remember when the 22-year-old prayed for “those involved in the Davao explosion, hoping you all keep safe!”? Rrrright.
- If this carpool karaoke episode doesn’t give you the Christmas feels, nothing else will
- Viral: What is the answer to this mathematical equation?
- Lol: Duterte Finding Things on Tumblr is this week’s best find!
- 15 times Nico Bolzico made us swoon with his Solenn-related IG posts
- 12 things you may or may not know about the Tita Witty planners