Except for the pink halter dress that came with a slit, Binibining Pilipinas Universe 2016 Maxine Medina seemed to go thematic at the Miss Universe Preliminary competition, rocking the color of the year through the swim suit, evening gown, and even the national costume.
The Prelims was held Thursday night at the SM Mall of Asia Arena. All 86 candidates walked the stage three times: in their swimsuit, evening gown, and national costumes.
The judges include 1993 Miss Universe Dayanara Torres, former model Cynthia Bailey, President of People’s Choice Awards Fred Nelson, social entrepreneur Francine LeFrak, and Japanese actress Riyo Mori.
Maxine Medina seemed to be owning the color of the year as she walked down the stage wearing a beautiful Rhett Eala emerald green gown, and a refreshing two-piece bikini in white and green.
Her national costume, inspired by the Vintas of the south, had her walking with a full headdress. And as she sashayed down the stage, she waved her hands, which were adorned with pieces of emerald green cloth.
Check out photos below, screen grabbed from Miss Universe:
And watch a clip of the national costume parade below:
MORE READS FOR YA:
- 5 fresh and fashionable picks inspired by the color of the year
- #WhenWithFilipinos: Watch the touching new commercial from the Department of Tourism
- Banawe food field trip: 7 restaurants worth trekking to, even after the Chinese New Year
- Viral: This video of the Philippines is proof we live in paradise
- There’s a pink sand beach in the PH