Here’s a geography lesson for all of us, courtesy of netizen Eugene Alvin Villar.
Because Puerto Rico, Guam, and the US Virgin Islands are all territories of the US, America actually has four candidates to its country. This means the US has four chances more of winning the crown.
The same goes with Netherlands, which has three candidates to its name (Curacao, Aruba, and The Netherlands) and the UK, which also has three candidates to its name (Britain, Cayman Islands, and the British Virgin Islands).
Interesting, but well. We’re already in the Top 13 so to hell with these higher chances brouhaha. Go Maxine!
MORE INTERESTING READS:
- ‘Felicitations’ what? Netizen edits Malacañang Miss Universe statement
- Lol: Duterte Holding Things on Tumblr is this week’s best find
- Q&A: Noelle Capili, the millennial behind the Harry Potter viral tweets
- Listen: A Canadian traveler wrote a song about Tanduay rum
- 12 things you may know or not know about the Tita Witty planners