We may not have won a back-to-back in Miss Universe but these Miss Universe-related posts found online prove that Filipinos are winners just the same.
We mean, look at our humor! Look at how we’re so good at ehem, “moment marketing”! We may no longer have the Miss Universe crown, but the social media posts below will make you feel like a true winner. And if not, will make you laugh so hard you’ll cry.
1. Mother and daughter tandem Pia and Maxene riding on the possibility of a back-to-back win for the Philippines.
2. Magnolia and its perfect use of our slang, in relation to the event. Palakpakan!
3. Jollibee getting listed as a celebrity along side FloRida, Boyz II Men and their like—and Filipinos noticing it and tweeting about it, of course!
4. The perfect language and the perfect timing of McDonald’s on Facebook.
5. Janjan Comics’ Miss Universe-related posts. The kamatis/advocacy comic strip, which he released on the eve of the coronation night on Sunday is so out-of-this-world, we teared up laughing.
6. Aaand out of nowhere, Pagoda Philippines appears with quite possibly, the best one yet. We mean, come on guys. Aren’t you loving the puns?
Seriously, this Miss Universe hangover will last us another week or so.
MORE READS TO CURE YOUR MISS UNIVERSE HANGOVER:
- ‘Felicitations’ what? Netizen edits the Malacañang Miss Universe statement
- 8 things we loved about the Miss Universe coronation night
- Cute: Scarlet Snow Belo wears a terno at the Belo Medical Group’s Miss Universe screening party
- Miss Canada hailed for her beautiful response to body-shamers
- 7 life lessons Pia Wurtzbach taught us during her reign as Miss Universe