Truth be told, we’d rather not celebrate Valentine’s Day—it’s a day before payday, the traffic is horrendous, we can go on, really.
Except coming across these hotel promos have us reconsidering our position. How do you resist sleeping on crisp hotel sheets with someone you adore? That these overnight stays come with discounted dinner, and/or concert and/or a movie gives us an answer: You don’t—resist them, we mean.
1. Crimson Hotel’s “Retreat to Romance.” The overnight rendezvous includes a special couple’s buffet breakfast for two, Salvatore Ferragamo luxury kit, and in-room romantic treats that include French macarons, flowers, and wine. Couples who choose to stay on February 14 are entitled to a four-course gourmet menu dinner where they can, ehem, ‘dine under the stars.’ Rates start at P4,800++ Book direct and use the promo code: RetreattoRomance. +63 2 8632222. Website.
2. The Conrad’s “Inspired Getaways.” A little steep at P36,000 but you’re getting a bay view suite that includes a 5-course dinner for two at the Brasserie on 3, a morning-after breakfast for two at Brasserie on 3, access to the executive lounge, a bottle of Moet Chandon Rose, and a box of pralines. +63 2 8339999. Website.
3. Makati Shangri-La’s “Splendid Staycations.” No dinner is included—instead, you get dining credit of P1,000—but you get a complimentary bottle of red wine, a decadent cake, buffet breakfast at Circles Event Café, two passes at Ayala Museum, and early check-in (10am) and late check-out (4pm). All that for P7,800 a night. Not bad, no? +63 2 3953356. Website.
4. Manila Hotel’s “The Grand Dame’s Heart.” If you have a thing for Old World Charm, then Manila Hotel is for you. For P20,000, you get an overnight stay in a superior deluxe room, two tickets to David Pomeranz’s concert at the Tent City—which includes a six-course buffet dinner, BTW—a buffet breakfast at Café Ilang-Ilang, and a one-hour signature massage. +63 2 5270011. Website.
5. Peninsula Manila’s Valentine’s day Staycation. A room at one of Metro Manila’s best hotels, followed by a 90-minute couples’ massage, an intimate candle-lit four-course dinner for two at Spices, a special breakfast in bed, and a guaranteed 2pm late check-out. Starts at P25,000. +63 2 8872888. Website.
Photo: Manila Hotel