So, people are calling Emma Watson a hypocrite because she posed for a revealing photo on Vanity Fair and apparently, feminists shouldn’t be doing such things.
Also, they can’t seem to forget—nor forgive—Emma for slut-shamming calling out Beyonce back in 2014.
But, as they say, you can’t put a good woman down. In an interview with Reuters Emma responded with, well, with honest confusion and a graceful conviction.
“It always reveals to me how many misconceptions and misunderstandings there is to what feminism is. Feminism is about giving women a choice” she begins.
“It is not a stick with which to beat other women with. It’s about freedom. It’s about liberation. It’s about equality. I really don’t know what my tits have to do with it. It’s very confusing.
“I’m always quietly stunned.”
The cover shoot was shot by acclaimed photographer Tim Walker. Critics were specially pointing to the photo in which Emma was shown bra-less wearing only a croqueted bolero that revealed her underboobs.
Whatever. Thanks for the reminder, Emma! Keep doing you.
Headline photo: Vanity Fair | Instagram
MORE ENLIGHTENING READS:
- CNN Philippines Chief Correspondent Pia Hontiveros on how she keeps a straight face when dealing with BS
- Artist Derek Tumala wants you to be in the moment and experience his art
- Lea Salonga has beautiful words to say about weirdness
- Interview: Budjette Tan on marriage, Valentine’s Day, and Trese
- #TakeNoShit: Why the excuse ‘boys will be boys’ will no longer hold