While rumors about IKEA coming to the Philippines has been around since forever, there isn’t a better confirmation than that of the Swedish ambassador.
“Swedish Ambassador Harald Fries has confirmed that IKEA has indeed decided to ‘come in’ and will open its first store in the country soon,” Roy Mabasa of Manila Bulletin wrote on the paper’s Sunday edition.
Filipinos have been clamoring for the Swedish brand to enter the Philippine market because hello. The furniture are so cute, they are so affordable, the meatballs in the cafeteria are delicious, and we want the accomplishment
hassle that come with assembling what you bought.
Since 2008, IKEA has been branded as the largest furniture retailer in the world. The name, pronounced ee-kay-ah, is actually an acronym. It stands for the name of the owner (Ingvar Kamprad), the name of the farm he grew up in (Elmtaryd) and his hometown in Southern Sweden (Agunnaryd).
[h/t Manila Bulletin; photo: Ikea.com]
MORE READS THAT WILL MAKE YOU WANT TO BURN SOME CASH:
- 5 beautiful pieces from the 2017 Spring Summer Collection of H&M
- Books from the Underground: a bookstore located literally in Manila’s underground
- #LusterbyNadine is Nadine Lustre’s limited edition fragrance
- Fino’s Vinta-inspired collection is poised to be the ‘it bag’ of the summer
- Ayala Malls the 30th on Meralco Avenue in Pasig is now open