Ah Monday blues—who has not had it?
If, like us, your blues on this particular Monday is strong, allow us to share with you this song that’s been helping us slug it out since this morning: “Happy Street.”
“Happy Street” is a new song by Paul Shaffer and The Most Dangerous Band but you’ll remember it for Bill Murray. Uh huh, Bill Murray of St. Vincent, Lost in Translation, Groundhog Day just to name a few.
It’s a simple song, with melodies that work great as a whistle. The build up to the chorus is big-band grand, the tingling piano a great addition. But it’s when he goes “it’s so great to be alive,” that will give you pause in your sulk and will make you ask: why nga ba so glum, chum?
It’s worth watching the video too as the animation is terrific. Check it out below, and feel the nimbus clouds above you, drift far far away.
“Happy Street” is off Paul Shaffer and The World’s Most Dangerous Band’s self-titled album.
Happy Monday, everybody!
- Oh hey! IMDb adds the ‘F-Rating’ to highlight women in film
- Watch: The trailer for The Little Mermaid live-action movie
- How would you like to win a trip for two to Batanes?
- CNN Philippines Chief Correspondent Pia Hontiveros on how she keeps a straight face when dealing with BS
- 9 food parks across Metro Manila to go to for your next food crawl