For those still hungover from Art Fair Philippines, here’s another immersing course for arts and culture. The 11th edition of Art in the Park is happening on April 2, 2017 at the Jamie Velasquez Park in Salcedo Village, Makati. Woohoo!
With the aim of setting a casual and approachable vibe, the fair is free of charge and is considerably placed on an open-wide space for people to literally walk through.
Unlike the Art Fair, Art in the Park is a little bit friendlier to art noobs: The going price for the exhibited artworks go from P50,000 or lower; rather reasonable price cap, no?
It will continue its advocacy on going as a fundraiser event since its launch in 2006, and a portion of the sales will be donated to the Museum Foundation of the Philippines to support the National Museum of the Philippines and its programs.
There 57 galleries, art collectives, independent art spaces and even student groups participating at the Art in the Park 2017. Commissioned and limited edition prints, sculptures, and installations will also be highlighted in the event such as UP College of Fine Arts graduate Carzen Esperla’s Bag in a Boat, a thesis piece that will surely invite the interest of its viewers.
This year’s affair will be catered with a variety of food and drinks, all set in the right mood with music by blues and jazz band Brat Pack.
Sunday, Apr 2, 2017, Jamie Velasquez Park in Salcedo Village, Makati, 10am-10pm. Website.
Photos: Art in the Park | Facebook
MORE READS YO:
- Art Fair cheat sheet: 5 things to remember so you can convince people you know art
- 11 unbelievable things at Art Fair Philippines 2017
- Photo and graphic design duo Everywhere We Shoot on ID pictures, FOTO-ME, and instant barongs
- Post Truth: Photographer Tammy David’s art exhibit is made up of her Instagram posts
- Yaaaas! A guide for art in Metro Manila
- 3 art galleries in Metro Manila that give special attention to urban art