Ahead of the release of Rich People Problems, the third installment of Kevin Kwang’s crazy successful Crazy Rich Asians books, comes this good piece of news: The movie version of the first book has finally found its Nick Young!
The Hollywood Reporter claims it is Singapore-based host Henry Golding who will play the fine, rich gentleman Nick who kept his family background a secret from his girlfriend, Rachel, to be played by Constance Wu, of Fresh Off The Boat fame.
According to the Straits Times, the 30-year-old Golding grew up mainly in the UK and moved back to Asia some nine years ago. His father is English and his mother is Malaysian; from the Iban tribe in Malaysia, in fact.
The Hollywood Reporter adds that Golding is a fresh face: The dude has never been in a movie ever.
More tidbits about the movie:
- Michelle Yeoh will be playing Eleonor Young, Nick’s mother who’s not particularly fond of Rachel
- News about the Asian leads are but the tip of the iceberg: The movie will feature an all-Asian cast
- Jon Chu will be directing the film, and
- the screenplay will be written by Peter Chiarelli (The Proposal) and Adele Lim (Lethal Weapon TV series)
- Rich People Problems, the latest from the Crazy Rich Asians author, will be out in May!
- Spider-Man: Homecoming releases full trailer
- Dia del Libro is on April 22
- 9 Precious Hearts Romances book covers that will make your day
- 5 signs he’s a pa-fall guy