After 40 days of Lent, touring 14 churches for Visita Iglesia, the seven last words, and quite possibly a pabasa, comes the big shebang.
In Catholicism, Easter is when Jesus rises from the dead, proving to one and all that what he’s been saying is true: He is the son of God and the God almighty himself, as well as the Holy Spirit. His resurrection proves he is beyond the powers of death.
And so we celebrate with bunnies and chocolate and egg hunts—among others of course. Below, we list down a few Easter happenings to celebrate Jesus’ Resurrection. Happy Easter!
1. Easter Carnival Funfare at the Peninsula Manila. The Rigodon Ballroom of the Peninsula Manila will be decked in Easter décor as the hotel offers face painting, balloon twisting, cookie and cupcake decorating, and of course, easter egg hunting for all young guests! The party starts at 11am and will caost about P1,000 per person. If you wish to book a room, there is the Pen Days of Easter package that coveres flexible check-in and check-out, 20 percent discounts on any food and beverage offerings, buffet breakfast for two adults, and of course, tickets to the Easter Party. Peninsula Manila, Makati +63 2 887 2888 etc 6694
2. Buddha Bar Manila’s Magical Easter Celebration. Buddha Bar offers an awesome Easter Lunch Buffet on Easter Sunday. Feast on Chinese, Japanese, Thai and other East Asian cuisines from 11am-2pm. The buffet comes with free-flowing non-alcoholic drinks and comes with a P950 price tag for adults. Kids are at P475. Picar Place Kalayaan Avenue, Makati. +63 2 8566719.
3. Easter bonanza at Holiday Inn & Suites. There’s the P1,800++-brunch at Flavors Restaurant where lechon takes the center stage; top up with P500 and you get two glasses of Prosecco. Grinn’s Wonderland House at the lobby offers easter chocolates and hot cross buns from April 1-16. Pro tip: The scrumptious Easter carrot cake of Chef Dean Brettschneider will be made available. Don’t miss it! Glorietta Mall, Palm Drive, Ayala Center, Makati. +63 2 9090888
4. Discovery Suites Manila’s Holy Week getaway promo. Book a Junior Suite and you get a free breakfast for two at Restaurant 5, plus a 10 percent discount at 22 Prime on Easter Sunday. It will also serve the delicious fish and chips platter as room service. 25 ADB Avenue, Ortigas Center, Pasig. +63 2 7198888
5. Go on a staycation with the whole family at Fairmont Makati. Avail of the Easter packages at Fairmont and book yourself and your fambam an overnight stay. Starting at P6,900, the Easter room packages include breakfast buffet at Spectrum for two, a 20 percent discount on a la carte treatments at the Willow Stream spa, and a 20 percent discount when dining at other food and beverage establishments—Long Bar, we hear you! The Easter weekend might be the best time as there will be an Easter Egg Painting Party (995) at the Fairmont Ballroom on April 16. There will be an Easter-themed Gymboree play area, a kids buffet, plus of course eater egg painting. 1 Raffles Drive, Makati Avenue, Makati. +63 2 7951888
6. Indulge in a quieter Easter at Raffles. Right beside Fairmont is Raffles Makati, with staycation rates that start at P12,900. The slightly higher price comes with an American breakfast buffet for two at Mireio, classic Afternoon Tea and evening cocktails at Writers Bar, plus a 20 percent discount on massage treatments at Willow Stream spa and a 20 percent discount in our food and beverage outlets—if that American breakfast left you wanting, there’s Spectrum too, you know. 1 Raffles Drive, Makati Avenue, Makati. +63 2 5559777
7. A Bounty Bunny Feast, Cucina at Marco Polo Manila. On Easter Sunday, Marco Polo’s Cucina brings the usual lunch buffet extravaganza except it’s made sweeter with chocolate bunnies made right in front of guests! That’s like a free show! Lunch buffet is from 12pm-2:30pm and will set you back P2,007 per head. 24/F Sky Lobby, Marco Polo Ortigas, Meralco Avenue cor Sapphire Street, Ortigas, Pasig. +63 2 7207777