For its third edition in the Philippines, YouTube FanFest (YYFF) is coming to Manila armed with social media’s biggest and brightest stars. The social media party is happening on May 12, 2017.
Much like its previous shows, 13 local and foreign acts will grace the show, which has been peppered with various activities just for the featured vloggers and their fans.
Local YouTubers Lloyd Café Cadena, Mikey Bustos, Janina Vela, Kristel Fulgar, Ranz Kyle, Niana Guerrero,Will Dasovich, and special guest Alienette Coldfire will entertain the event-comers this year.
Foreign acts include Jun Sung Ahn/JuNCurryAhn, Megan Nicole, Jayden Rodrigues, Matt Steffanina, Lauren Riihimaki/LaurDIY, Lily Singh/||Superwoman||, and Alex Wassabi.
Last year’s YYFF at the World Trade Center highlighted performances from Tiffany Alvord, Tyler Ward, AJ Rafael, Conner Fanta, Tanner Patrick, The Filharmonic, and more.
Since new and familiar faces will be brought to the stage by the social media party of the year, we thought it’s best to get acquainted with the rest of the acts we’ll get to see at the YouTube FanFest 2017 in Manila here:
• Janina Vela. The 18-year-old Filipina Beauty and Lifestyle vlogger only started her YouTube page two years ago but she now has 243, 441 subscribers.
• Lloyd Cafe Cadena. Award-winning content creator, DJ, and YouTube sensation Lloyd Café Cadena is one creative (and marvelously entertaining) force on the local Internet scene.
• Jun Sung Ahn aka JuNCurryAhn. Korean violinist JuNCurryAhn wows the web with covers of songs from different genres.
• Kristel Fulgar. Filipina actress Kristel Fulgar is not just known for her amazing feat of acting on Philippine TV, she is also a Silver Play Button awardee who does soothing covers of popular English and K-Pop songs. Watch below:
• Megan Nicole. The 23-year-old American singer-songwriter is also a model and actress who made her debut in YouTube eight years ago.
• Ranz Kyle and Niana Guerrero. Known to a part of the Filipino dance troupe Chicser, Ranz Kyle launched his YouTube channel with his little sister, Niana.
• Jayden Rodrigues. YouTuber Jayden Rodrigues is an Australian singer, dancer, choreographer, and self-proclaimed nerd who is famous for his well-choreographed videos.
• Will Dasovich. San Francisco’s Will Dasovich came to the Philippines and thought it would be cool to document his life as a balikbayan on a vlog. It turned out to be such a great idea that, amassing quite a following and success, the dude never left the Philippines. He’s even appeared in covers of magazines and local travel shows, too.
• Matt Steffanina. DanceCon choreographer and entrepreneur Matt Steffanina blazes YouTube up with his lit dance videos.
• Mikey Bustos. Filipino-Canadian actor, comedian, recording artist, and performer Mikey Bustos is a favorite among the YouTube-savvy thanks to his crazy-funny videos. He likes making fun of himself, and speaks truth about Filipinos and the Philippines in the funniest way possible.
• Lauren Riihimaki aka LaurDIY. Queen of DIY LaurenDIY is all over creativity and sparkles. The 23-year-old guru posts bits and tips on DIY, fashion, and interior design.
• Alex Wassabi. Alex Burriss, famous for his Internet handle Alex Wassabi, runs the comedy YouTube channel with his best friend Roi Fabito. Alex creates random videos like Internet challenges and livestreams of his own pet pug, making the world a much better place.
• Lily Singh aka ||Superwoman||. Canadian YouTuber Lily Singh (otherwise identified as ||Superwoman||) is an entertainer, comedian, actress, and a newly published author to the book entitled, “How to Be a Bawse: A Guide to Conquering Life”. The 28-year-old vlogs mostly on stuff reflecting her way of life and her various satirical takes on it.
Special Guest Alienette ColdFire (aka Katchry Jewel Golbin) will also share the stage with 13 of YYFF 2017’s artists. Alienette made waves on social media when she placed 3rd on the French talent show called France Has Got Incredible Talent late last year.
Further details about the event will be released on Thursday (April 6). For now, visit the website and get a backgrounder of past events.
- Highly recommended: Cesar Legaspi’s 100th through Lying in State exhibit at the CCP
- 15 cool events to check out in April
- Dia del Libro’s on April 22, yo!
- Ticket prices for Britney’s Manila show range from P28,350 to P2,656
- Must do: Mapping the Philippine Seas exhibit at The Metropolitan Museum of Manila