If you still hate working out and you still have a difficult time peeling yourself from your bed and tying your shoelaces, we have two simple solutions for you: Why, two new pairs of shoes! How’s that for motivation?
1. Hoka One One
A shoe that had more cushioning than all the other traditional running shoes it was dubbed maximalist? Hoka One One definitely got our attention. It recently arrived in Metro Manila—last March via Runnr, to be specific—much to runners and marathoners’ delight. Hoka One One looks, um, different because it’s wider than most shoes, thanks to its maximum cushioning. The protection this cushioning gives your feet makes it super attractive though. The impact of the different surfaces on your feet is muffled, while the dangers of tripping or falls are reduced. The unique carved geometry encourages efficient foot strike, too. There’s a pair for everyone: men, women, athletes, hardcore runners, and beginners. Starts P6,295. Available at Runnr, Level 1, B3, Bonifacio High Street, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig
2. Laceless Nike Air Sock Racer Ultra Flyknit
Oh yes, best believe it! Nike is rereleasing these bestsellers! It’s exactly like what the brand released 31 years ago, except these are better: Flyknit is used for the shoes’ upper, offering better breathability and improved fit. It now sports thicker straps too, to keep you from shifting too far forward as well as for better medial and lateral support. It also includes a Swoosh on the forefoot with leather straps and molded heel counter, you know, for added swag. Starts P6,745. Available at Commonwealth, Sole Academy, and select Nike stores beginning April 27.
- Want: “Kultura” is the new Kalinga-inspired sneakers from Asics Tiger and Commonwealth
- This new brand of flip-flops is inspired by and promotes all the beautiful places in the PH
- This lolo has more swagger than your average hipster
- 6 millennial-approved online shops to check out right now
- Lol: Chito Miranda creates a body care product, calls it “Sobrang Bango…Parang Gago”